For nearly everyone, the single prime investment they will ever make is their home. The utmost concern is the safety of their dream property, making sure it is insured properly.
At Goldmine Insurance, your peace of mind is our priority. That's why we represent one of the top five insurers of Canada. With our experience, and our talented and knowledgeable staff we are committed to provide you with the home insurance package that is exclusively tailored to best fit your needs.
What follow is a list of things to discuss with an expert before buying any home protection policy.
Modernization or Reconstruction Worth of your Dwelling
After a certain time period, everything will need repairs and/or maintenance. Extended replacement or reconstruction cost coverage can ensure that your home will be rebuilt to the same standards as the original construction. This includes the quality of materials and craftsmanship.
Personal Liability Insurance
Personal liability coverage is there to protect your assets in the event of litigation. Personal liability is a part of your homeowner’s policy, but in today’s litigious environment it is vital to choose the right coverage limit. One wants to be sure that his or her possessions are protected in the event of a lawsuit. The limit can range from one million dollars up to five million dollars.
Sewer Back-up Claims
Most of the home policies don’t include the backing up or escape of water from your sewer, sump or septic tank. For a very small additional premium you can purchase the "Sewer Back Up" extension to cover this policy exclusion.
Older Home Coverage
Certain coverage features do not come standard with all insurance policies, so it is extremely important to know if you're covered. At Goldmine Insurance we offer insurance options designed exclusively for old homes including:
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost Coverage: We provide coverage for the cost incurred in making your home as per original shape and standards, even if that value exceeds the coverage amount on your homeowner policy.
- Ordinance or Law Coverage: Coverage for the cost of bringing your home up to code in the event of a partial or total loss.
- Assistance in determining Replacement Value: For older homes, the existing simple "room estimator" does not work, your home needs to be assessed for maximum value. Your specialist at Goldmine Insurance can help you determine your home's true replacement needs.
Personal Property Coverage
Replacement cost coverage ensures that without deductions for depreciation your personal property will be replaced after a covered loss. You should also have "all risks" coverage for your personal property; list expensive items (such as jewelry or fine art) separately so that your belongings are covered for a wider array of perils than most standard policies allow. For a more detailed explanation, please contact any one of our customer service representatives.
Coverage for Garages, Pools, Fences & Other
Most homeowner policies include only a minimum coverage amount for damage to fences, pools, detached garages, barns and other structures that are not attached to the main house. Please be sure that you have enough coverage to fully replace these items in the event of a loss.
Flood and Earthquake Insurance
Are you sure that your existing policy is sufficient for the losses you could potentially suffer in the event of a natural disaster? Contact our experts to add coverage into your existing policy or buy a supplemental policy.
Ways to Save
Getting the best value for your home insurance policy is more important than ever. But savings shouldn’t come at the expense of unexpected costs or surprises at the time of a claim. The right policy can save you money. Here are just a few ways we can help you save on your home insurance policy:
- You could save up to 12% if you're insuring a newer home
- You could save up to 10%, depending on how many years you’ve been claim-free
- You could save an extra 5% if you’ve paid off your mortgage
- Plus, you could save even more when you get your no-obligation quote online
Contact one of our specialists today to discuss in detail.