"We strongly recommend Canadian residents obtain Travel Insurance when leaving Canada as hospital and medical expenses incurred outside Canada can create substantial financial burdens."
- BC Ministry of Health
Travel Medical Insurance is highly recommended by those who travel out of the province or nation for vacation or work purposes. It provides coverage for unexpected medical emergencies, and should not be mistaken for the type of coverage provided by Provincial health insurance. It is for medical care that cannot be delayed until you return home. We also offer SUPER VISA medical insurance at very competitive rates.
Specific benefits and coverage limits will differ with all policies, however, some of the main coverages included by most are:
- Inpatient room and board charges
- Full Doctors' charges
- Prescription drugs while in the hospital
- Emergency ground ambulance
- Emergency air ambulance to your own hospital
- Other professional services such as special duty nursing, chiropractors, podiatrists, etc.
- Return of insured deceased's remains
- Emergency dental expense
- Return of your vehicle expense
Travel Medical Insurance can be purchased in a variety of ways depending upon your requirements. Annual Travel Policies is a great option for the person or family that makes regular trips out of the province. The Single Trip Policy may be for you if you go for a long period of time once a year. This policy is designed for the irregular traveler. Rates differ considerably between Insurers, Your premium is based on each trip individually, your age, and the length of your trip. Let us help you choose the options to find the best travel insurance product and value for you.
Single Trip Travel Insurance Policy Highlights
- Up to $2 million for the emergency excess Hospital/Medical Insurance
- Emergency Medical Evacuation via air ambulance, when medically necessary to the nearest medical facility equipped to provide the required treatment. - Limited to Canada and USA
- Emergency Dental Accident Expense
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Return of Vehicle you own or rent to your home or nearest rental agency
- International Assistance services available worldwide, 24 hours per day 7 days per week - there is always somebody to call
Annual Travel Insurance Policy Highlights
- Up to $2 million for the emergency treatment of an injury or sickness
- Annual Policy with 35 days coverage any one trip
- Emergency Assistance Services available worldwide, 24 hours per day 7 days per week - there is always somebody to call
- We will handle the paper work and wait for reimbursement
- Pre-Existing medical conditions are covered for persons under the age of 71 years who are travelling anywhere in the world for less than 36 days
Most policies have a 24 hour hot-line number to call for medical emergencies printed right on the policy. Generally speaking, the insurer will pay larger claims directly to the hospital and would expect that you pay smaller claims directly and then get reimbursed later. Goldmine Insurance has a Claims Department that can assist you with your claim.